Check-In Time 03:00 PM-5:30 PM | Check-Out Time 11:00 AM. Special requests may be considered.
Accommodations include breakfast and daily refreshments. Pricing is based on single or double occupancy. Additional people subject to extra charges. All rooms must be guaranteed by credit card regardless of final method of payment. Reservations require 1 night minimum as deposit at time of booking. Rates subject to a 11% Michigan Sales and Lodging Tax on each room. Rates are subject to change without notice. Reservations are not guaranteed until the deposit is paid.
Two night minimum stay required on weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Three night minimum stay on holiday weekends during peak season (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Coast Guard Festival, and Labor Day).
- Discounts and Specials do not apply on Holidays.
- No pets of any kind allowed including emotional support animals. Documented service animals are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind allowed on the property including vaping and e-cigs.
- Bookings made by Travel agents must be approved via phone or email and fees discussed prior to reservation.
- Damages: You are responsible for any damage caused by you or your party to our home inside or outside of your room. You will be charged to your credit card for any damage caused.
- All rooms are located on the 2nd floor requiring a flight of stairs to access. Floors are not level due to age of house and location on a sand dune.
- For the comfort of all guests, we do have quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am. We do ask that guests be courteous of music, television volumes, loud voices, etc. between the hours of 10pm and 8am. This is for indoors as well as outdoors.
- Cancellation Policy: Due to the small size of our B&B, cancelled rooms hurt our business severely. Cancellations made prior to two weeks before the arrival date will result in no charges. If you cancel within the two week period, we reserve the right to charge 50% of your reservation balance unless the room can be filled. Same day cancellation is considered a “no show” and no show policies apply.
- All cancellations require notification by phone or email and require acknowledgement of the cancellation.
- No Shows will be charged 100% of room rate.
- Cancellation subject to 3% cancellation fee to cover credit card fees.
- Decreasing the amount of nights or leaving early is considered a “no show” and all no show policies apply.
How does a Bed & Breakfast compare to a hotel/ motel?
- A Bed & Breakfast (B&B) is similar to a hotel/ motel but usually located in a private home providing guests a place for lodging as well as breakfast being included. In our case, we do live onsite and we provide a full breakfast instead of just a continental breakfast found elsewhere. We also have private baths for each bedroom. B&B’s are known for having a more personal touch and intimate feel. Something different than the cookie cutter chains. See photos of our rooms for an better idea of what we mean.
You mention 79 steps up to the B&B, is there another way up? Would it be handicap accessible?
- We do have an electric trolley that rides up next to the stairs in case you don’t want to make the walk up. It still requires 10 steps from the road to the trolley. All of the guest rooms are on the 2nd story of the home as well, so to reach your room, there is a full flight of stairs. Also, due to the age of the home and being built on a dune, there are lots of uneven surfaces, slopes, and slants in the home due to shifting. Because of this, people with balance issues, limited to a wheelchair, or who have difficulty walking might be more comfortable elsewhere.
Does the Looking Glass allow pets?
- No. Due to health considerations, no pets are allowed at the inn. Exceptions will be made for service dogs that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Should this accommodation be necessary, please advise us at the time the reservation is made, and also identify the task or work for which the dog is specifically trained. Guests are 100% responsible for the care, control and feeding of trained service dogs. Service dogs may not be left unaccompanied in a guest’s room or in any other part of the inn. Guests may be responsible for damage, other than normal wear and tear, caused to the room by the service dog
Does the Looking Glass allow smoking or have smoking rooms?
- We do not allow smoking of any kind (cigarette, cigar, e-cig, vaping, marijuana, etc.) in the house, rooms, or deck. Smoking in the house or room is subject to a $500 cleaning fee.
Are there quiet hours or lights out times?
- We do not have specific lights out time but we do ask that guests be courteous of music, television volumes, loud voices, etc. between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Lots of our guests come here to relax and get a good nights sleep and we ask that you be mindful of that.
Is the Looking Glass an Eco-friendly property?
- We have taken steps to reduce our environmental footprint. Wherever possible, we have utilized LED lighting, EnergyStar appliances, and Watersense faucets and toilets. We launder sheets and towels on a 3 day rotation (for multi-day stay guests) unless otherwise requested to conserve water. We have also chosen quick dry towels (don’t worry, they are still comfortable) to reduce drying time to use less energy. We have also chosen Zero VOC paints when repainting and we are looking at ways to further reduce waste and conserve energy as we move forward.
Is there an age limit to stay at The Looking Glass?
- Minimum age to rent a room is 21. Children are welcome with parents as well.